Monday, 21 December 2015

Peanut Butter and Banana Brownies

I made two batches of brownies the other night. The first batch was too sweet for me, but my friend liked them so I gave them to her. The second batch were supposed to be banana brownies, but I didn't have unsalted butter so I used peanut butter instead. I liked these ones much better and peanut butter and banana are two of my top foods/ingredients. Here's the recipe;

You will need;

175g crunchy peanut butter
180g soft dark sugar
200g dark chocolate
2 eggs
2 large bananas
100g self-raising flour
2tbsp cocoa powder

1. Melt the chocolate, peanut butter, and sugar over a low heat in a medium sized saucepan. Mix with a wooden spoon and once the ingredients have melted, set aside and allow to cool for five minutes.

2. Lightly beat the eggs then slowly pour into the mixture, continually stirring. (Make sure the mixture has cooled otherwise the eggs will cook!)

3. Mash the two bananas or give them a whizz in the blender before adding them to the mixture.

4. Fold in the flour until completely combined.

5. Pour the mixture into a tray (greased) and bake for 30 minutes on 160. (The size of the baking tray doesn't matter too much. Depends on how high you want your brownies! ;)

Enjoy! 

I adapted this recipe from here and here

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so amazing! Peanut butter & bananas are some of my food staples as well!

    http://imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious! xo
    Jamie
    www.jamieeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies Look Delicious, thnx for sharing

    http://daveyalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post! I follow you on GFC :) Can you follow me back?
    Kisses from Turkey :* http://betulunsirlari.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

Poundland Nail Polishes

When I moved out of my last flat I realised that every single nail polish I owned had gone gloopy and I'd only used them once or twice....