Skip to main content

September Goals

1. Eat healthily and work out (so cliche)
Recently, I've become a lot more conscious about what I eat and where it comes from. I don't believe in fad diets or being too restrictive, but it's good to know where your food comes from so you can make an informed choice. I suffered a lot with allergies over the summer. Reducing my dairy intake seemed to help and when I fell off the cheese wagon (I do love cheese!), my symptoms (itchy throat, stingy eyes) flared up again. (Me and a couple of friends actually had a cheese and wine night - it was amazing!) Obviously, I can't prove it was due to dairy, but I do want to limit it and see whether my overall health and energy levels improve. I've also shopped locally a couple of times lately and the veg I bought was delicious. I'm not anti-supermarkets, but I am a firm believer in supporting small businesses and shopping locally.
Exercise wise; I've slacked! Although, carrying trays back and forth and lifting ridiculously heavy dishwasher loads is exercise. I think I've finally given up on the idea of a gym membership, but I'm definitely not taking enough advantage of my Wii.

2. Do more cooking and baking
I'm such a late bloomer, but I've recently discovered a love of cooking. Being on a relatively tight budget has meant that I've eaten out a lot less and done a lot more cooking and making do with what's in my fridge and cupboards. I want to do more baking too, but first I need to tackle the space issue in my tiny studio kitchen ...

3. Sort out my flat
I want to reorganise my little flat and get some decent storage. Something like this for my kitchen would be perfect.

4. Reconnect with old friends
Sometimes people naturally drift apart, but sometimes life gets in the way and staying in touch means setting aside some time and making an effort. A few of my friends have moved away or had children and I haven't exactly been great at keeping in contact, which I want to put right.

5. Blog/journal more often

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the cooking one, I'm attempting to make soup tomorrow! :)

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals, and I hope that you achieve all of them! I love specially the first two, exercising and cooking are my favourite things to do! hahaha
    Have a good day xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent post
    GFC you want to follow and keep in touch?
    let me know and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely goals! I share the ones about more cooking and keeping in touch with old friends. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great goals, hope you achieve them all x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooking and eating healthy go so well together. If you start making your food from scratch you get aware of how much stuff is put into store bought things. That really helped me get more healthy without feeling deprived.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And I think it actually works out cheaper to cook from scratch. :)

      Delete
  7. These all sound like really fun and motivating goals for the month
    Love the thought of monthly goals, as opposed to New Year Resolutions which are just not realistic!

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reconnecting is one of my goals this month too, Its a shame when you drift apart from old friends :(

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope September goals will be realized, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day!

I really wasn't sure whether to post this, but there's no better day than today.

I'd describe myself as a feminist, but it's only recently that I've started to think about what that word means for me. I know it's a dirty word for some people who mistakenly think it's about hating men and not letting them open doors for us, etc. Don't get me wrong, there probably is a small minority of men or women who give feminism a bad name (like ANY group!), but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I used to think that because we have equal rights (at least in the U.K.), people needed to move on because we're not living in the 1940s any more ... Then I opened my eyes.

Before I go on, I want to acknowledge that I know this doesn't apply to all men. For every man who's behaved like an arsehole, there's a decent guy who wouldn't dream of acting like that. Plus, I've been hurt by women as many time…

REVIEW: Wilko Dry Shampoo

Before I discovered Wilko's own range of dry shampoo, there was only Batiste. I've shopped at Wilko regularly over the past few years so must have passed these plenty of times, but let's be honest, it's not the most eye-catching product on the shelf. But you know what they say; never judge a book by its cover (or a product by its packaging). I'm so impressed with this, I don't think I'd go back to using other brands.


Here's the best part ... These 200ml cans are only 95p!!! I don't actually use dry shampoo that regularly, maybe once a week at most so mine lasts a solid while. That said, I do get the odd lazy day where I can't be bothered to wash my hair or I'm in a rush for work (more likely) and I suddenly realise my hair's greasy, so it's definitely handy to have one lying around. The spray is white, but it blends in easily and leaves my hair feeling clean and refreshed. There are four selections to choose from; 'All Shades'…

REVIEW: Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

These products seem to fly off the shelves at the store where I work. They retail for £1 each and are usually found in discount stores throughout the U.K (Poundland, Home Bargains, B&M, etc.).


When it comes to hair, we're all different. There are certain brands that I just can't get along with so I usually stick to brands I know and love - like Pantene or Herbal Essence - to avoid wasting money. That said, I loved the Creighton Argan Oil Conditioner - another purse-friendly product sold at U.K. discount stores - so thought maybe these would have a similar formula and work just as well for me. Unfortunately, I didn't get on with these at all. The shampoo was far too harsh for my hair. The conditioner felt lovely straight after I applied it, but didn't make a difference once my hair had dried. My hair felt knotty and unmanageable. I'm not sure whether I'll finish the tube (I hate waste!), but I definitely won't repurchase.

UPDATE: No, I didn't finish…